Burping Position Question

I'm trying to perfect the burping position where I put the cloth under his chin but he moves so much on me. Any tips?

momtoblake

Asked by momtoblake at 8:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when my son would do that would lay him on my lap and rub and pat his back...hed burp and all was good
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• drape the cloth over YOUR hand and let his chin rest on your hand in the crook of your hand between your thumb and forefinger. That way you have a good grip on him it keeps him from falling and upright and if he spits up the cloth is there to catch it.
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I tried instead of sitting him where he was leaned over my lap I'd set baby on the edge of lap so he's facing off onto the floor.....hopefully that makes sense lol......I think this way helps with legs draping off your legs theres nothing to push off of and therefore less wiggle.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I do what justgrape said :) It works well
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 11:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009