Would you complain?

My son went with my yesterday when I registered early at the hospital for my delivery. I have worked for this hospital in the past, delivered my son there, my SIL works there and I am familiar with the process for registration.

The lady that was supposed to "help" me register seemed as though we were interrupting her day. She was not helpful, courteous or polite. Her office is one in a row of offices for Patient Registration and we were assigned to her. I had my paperwork filled out to save her time, I had been there 2 months prior for an ER visit so my file was updated but she insisted on having me repeat everything, was condescending to the point my 8 yr old asked why she was being mean.

I was so put off that I almost left in middle of registering to go home and do it online but I stayed. She seemed intent on making me feel as insignificant as possible.

What would you do if you were met with a rude person?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Her job is to be helpful not rude. If she doesn't like her job she needs to find a new one and YES I would complain.......I too work in a hospital and I would never be rude to someone like that
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would probably complain, she shouldn't treat the patients that way.
    reava

Answer by reava at 8:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would inform their boss and make a complaint go to another hospital, and make sure I told them I was going to another hospital because of her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would have been annoyed and probably would have been snippy back. I would fill out a comment card on her.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You should let the management know of her behavior. As an employee, she reflects the image of the hospital and by her being a snooty bitch she's giving it a bad name. Tell them she made you very uncomfortable and she was very rude.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• as far as the making you go over things, that is expected, if they missed an allergy and gave you that med b/c she didn't double check it would come back on them. but it was so bad your child noticed, i'd complain.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:55 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• DEFINITELY COMPLAIN.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2009