which 1 is better. c section or vaginal

Be honest ladies

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• VAGINAL! no scars!!! no threat of complications in future pregnancies, no drug induced delivery, you can hold your baby right after, you can walk around soon thereafter, you're not in serious surgical recovery for 6-8 weeks!
    poorpregnant

Answer by poorpregnant at 9:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Better? I think you do what you have to do to get the baby out. I think the recovery is harder for c section but if it is needed then its needed. I also think that dr's do more c sections than necessary these days because they want to hurry thru labor and it is easier for them to just get it done.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i think a vaginal is better u heal in a day or so i have 2 of them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I believe vaginal is.
    because the C-section, you have about a week or two to heal and it hurts when you sit down and stuff because you don't want to reopen the cut.
    as vaginal, you heal within a few days/hours
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 9:45 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• vaginal of course less complications

i had to have a c section, planned from 15 weeks and it was a month early, also planned
    planned c section much better than emercency c section (even if there are big problems, knowing and planning for was some relief)

can never imagine someone choosing a c section for no medical reason and can not imagine a good doctor giving one without a medical reason, my doctor would not have
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm pregnant with my first so I can't speak on experience or anything but I prefer a vaginal birth. I'd like to avoid getting cut open, I'm scared to death of it, but if a c-section is what will get my daughter out safely, go ahead and cut away.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I wanted a vaginal birth so bad. When they told me i wasnt dialating and that they wanted to do a c-section i was devastated. But because of the size of my baby and the things im hearing now about how some of my friends who have recently had vaginal births i dont really mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i've had 2 c-sections, so i have nothing to compare to. but i had a feeling from the time i'd found out i was preg i'd end up w/a c-section. the first was much harder than the second, and its really not as bad as most people think. vaginal scares me more than the thought of a c-section (even before the first one)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i had one cesarean and two vbacs. the cesarean was scary and much more painful in recovery. the vbacs felt like a privilege! i wish i could handle more kids in my house so i could have another vbac!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would have preferred a vaginal birth, but after 20 hours of labor, I would not dilate anymore. The thing I didn't like about the c section was that I couldn't hold my son for about an hour or so afterwards and that I was so out of it because of all of the drugs they gave me that I couldn't even enjoy holding him when I could. You're in a lot of pain for a few weeks after, but noting too horrible.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009