How often do you report another mom? For what offense? Just out of sheer curiosity.

Ive always wondered for what offense a mom should report another. Ive heard many people talk about getting reported and wonder what for. Ive been on CM for over 2 years and never reported anything and never been reported until yesterday. I apparently "verbally attacked" a mom who was calling names and bashing other moms and I felt she was out of line. I didnt verbally attack her but she didnt like what I said to her. I feel if youre going to dish it out, then you had better be able to take it. I will always take up for the moms who are being attacked and bashed for no apparent reason and if that gets me reported, then fine. So what do you ladies feel is a reportable offense? Langauge? name calling? harassment? Ive seen a lot of this, but I dont report it because I feel I can take care of myself without a "parent" involved. So do you do this and how often? Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I assume you were in a chat of some sort, I have been banned once for something that was a case of mistaken ID. I have never reported any Mom for anything, like you I believe if you don't want an honest answer, don't ask the question. That being said, I have never had anyone call me names. I might report them if they were really hateful with the language, but probably not. You should message the admin of the group and tell her your side of the story. Sorry about your experience, mine has been pretty good on here. Maybe you need to find a new group>you can message me and I can give you a couple I like. Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:06 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When people start acting like they are kids instead of adults. So name calling, harassment, etc. If you're going to act like a child, you should be treated like one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i've reported one person i was answering a question for someone and she attacked that person something horrible and me for my answer. then turned around and attacked every person who answered the question that didn't agree w/her. and not in a oh you're a bad mom way, but in a personal attack (as in went to peoples pages and attacked their looks or their kids looks etc..) i felt that was way out of line, it was supposed to be a discussion on CIO and here she was saying "oh you're kid whats with all that red hair? so ugly!" and things like that but in a much meaner way.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've never had to report another mom.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've never reported. I was going to but i realized nothing would have been done against this lady (it was a group i was in).. she was in the 'in' crowd in that group so nothing would have been done. She attacked everyone in there except for the moderators of that group
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 10:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have only reported one thing, and I have been on CM pretty much since it started. I got a PM in my inbox, from someone whose question I answered. It said something like...I am not a mom, I am a man, I was just looking for some woman to talk to. Would you be interested in being a friend and talking.....something like that. It freaked me out. I forwarded it to a friend of mine on here. She reported it.....then it was gone! The message was gone from my inbox. So I guess I didn't really report it, but my friend did. I was just kind of shocked and didn't know what to do.

As far as reporting a real mom on here, I don't see the need, if they offend me or attack me, which as never happen, but I'd just ignore them. I've never had any real big issues with another mom here, so maybe if it got really out of hand I'd report it.....I just haven't ran across anything so far that warranted reporting them.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Op here....thanks Kimi, youre so sweet. It was actually here in the Q&A forum. I dont even remember what the discussion was about but everyone was going along nicely just throwing in their opinion and one moms starts name calling to everyone who had a different opinion than hers. This is not the first time ive seen her do this, and I guess that I was just tired of her bashing others, so I responded directly to her. I did not bash, nor name call but I did tell her in not so many words that she needed to back off the other moms. Another mom actually told her the same thing in a much different more insulting way (I assume she got reported too...lol). Im not saying I was right, but I am saying that I wont sit back and let another mom bully everyone. I just cant do that because then I feel like shes getting away with it with ME and that ain happening. So, thanks for the thoughts. I was just curious
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I report any fake moms and men on the site and anyone who steals photos of other people's kids to claim as their own. I once came across CM "mom of twins" who had pictures of my girl friend's kids from her myspace and claimed them as her own on CM.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Some women on here feed off attention and will also intentionally get a rise out of CMs just to report them. Its sick, but I guess we all have our hobbies.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 10:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• but I guess we all have our hobbies
    *****************************
    Thats too funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Aug. 19, 2009