• In the Spotlight:

WHERE IS THE LOVE AND COMPASSION?

THE MOST ARDENT OF BELEIVERS SEEM TO BE THE ONES WITH THE LEAST COMPASSION AND LOVE , OF COURSE WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS. WHERE IS THE LOVE AND COMPASSION SHOWN TO THEM IN THE BIBLE THEY SO ARDENTLY PREACH? ISN'T IT SINNING WHEN YOU DON'T PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH?

Asked by older at 10:19 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • THE DISPALY I HAVE SEEN HERE IS ENOUGH TO MAKE ME PUKE, WILDFLOWERGAL THE REPLIES YOU SEE DELETED ARE DELETED BY CAFEMOM TEAM, LOOK OUT FOR YOUR NEXT SUSPENSION, YOU AND YOUR GANG SHOULD BE ASHAME OF CALLING YOURSELVES CHRISTIANS, I WILL CLOSE THIS QUESTION WITH THIS: YOU HAVE SHOWN EVERYONE HERE INCLUDING CM TEAM THE VILE THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTHS IN THE NAME OF GOD, HE HAS A PLACE RESERVED FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO YOU THAT PARTICIPATED WITH THIS LYNCH, FIERY HELL! THIS IS WHERE ALL OF YOUR SOULS WILL END UP FOR SPEAKING FOR HIM WITH YOUR VENON,.

Answer by older at 10:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• BEFORE ANYONE STARTS GOING OFF ABOUT MY CAPS, I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVIENCE IT MIGHT CAUSE A FEW, IT CANNOT BE HELP AS OF RIGHT NOW, I AM WORKING ON HAVING SURGERY TO FIX MY PROBLEM, PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. I AM NOT YELLING OR HOSTILE.

Answer by older at 10:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You are absolutely right we christians many times get anxious and passionate tha we do forgot about love and compassion and for this as a christian I do apologize we only mean well just that sometimes we stop trusting God and we start thinking that is our job be mean but the truth is my friend that we meant love we do not want anyone to suffer.
    I do apologize and hope some day we can all understand the message of the good news.
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean, older. IMO, to be Christian is to love, and to be a shining example of God's love, but I guess those of us who do believe so are in the minority....

I actually wrote a journal about this very thing, because its something that we see so much.

=)

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• For my sisters in Christ I say to you : do not get offended so easely for what unbelievers says but shine love andcompassion and no condemnation.
    I heard this somewhere I think is right:

" Don't be afraid of opposition remember, a kite rises against the wind "

Lets remember that what Jesus did on that cross was 100 % passion but also 100 % love.

Lets all be wiser with our words : - )
    Vero529

Answer by Vero529 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Unfortunately many believers have the passion and zeal but not the wisdom. However, us pointing fingers at them isn't helpful either.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• TEAMQUINN, I AM NOT PONTING FINGERS, I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN SPEAK ABOUT GOD OUT OF ONE SIDE OF THEIR MOUTH AND THEN PERSONALLY ATTACK SOMEONE ELSE FOR HAVING DIFFERENT VIEWS OR BELEIVES, IT BAFFLES ME EVERY TIME. ARE WE SUPPOSE TO JUST IGNORE THEM AND SAY NOTHING?

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• AMEN TQ!

So many times, Christians will indeed stumble. However, it doesn't help that the ones pointing it out to the stumblers begin stumbling themselves in doing so. All Christians need to remember that "whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." (Colossians 3:17). When we remember that everything we do should be in his name and representing him accordingly, we are adding a measure of wisdom into our words and actions. God takes how we use his name and represent him very seriously: "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name" (Exodus 20:7).

That being said "love" IS indeed what God is. But what does love entail? Is it good feelings and giving people what they want to hear all of the time? (cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No, it isn't. We know that as parents, sometimes our love is manifested in ways that makes our children unhappy for their own bennefit. My mother loved me when she took me to the doctor to get a shot when I was having an allergic reaction. Although painful, although I didn't understand and although I didn't want the shot or understand this side of "love" nor as a child (with a finite understanding of my mother's actions and intentions) did I view the shot as "love," it WAS indeed love. We're too quick to say that anything that involves something unpleasant cannot be from God because God is "love." Yes, he is. God is love and part of giving love is giving truth, correction, growth and what is truly best for us. Love is NOT what always feels good.

As Christians, we need to be sure to be giving REAL love to others and each other, in a way that it will be received well, without comprimising the message of God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:09 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have this uncle who found God after years of drug use. Well now God is a type of clutch for him. He goes on and on about Jesus saving him. That side of him I like. The other side..the side that thinks he is somehow better than others b/c of his strong faith, I don't like. People want to be Godly but the best Christians understand they can only be humans.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 11:12 AM on Aug. 19, 2009