Scared about my second c-section and tubes being tied!!

This is my second child, My first I went in and was PLANNING on doing it natural but had to have a c-section. So for this go-round I am planning to go with the c-section. Did anyone have repeat c-sections if so...I want details...I want to know what happens when you get to the hospital...Do they give you an epudural right away or wait til you are in the OR...Just everything that happened....Thanks Ladies!!!

ToberzMama

Asked by ToberzMama at 10:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah and tell me about it if you had your tubes tied...Does it hurt worst...what is it like once they are tied...do u have a period normal..or is it heavy...EVERYTHING I am soooo scared!!
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 10:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• they give you a spinal block in the OR. i was so scared when the time got closer because there wasnt the choas and pain from labor. i dont remember the spinal block hurting at all i do remember like seconds after i got it my butt started to get numb lol. also i was able to remember everything and i was able to see my son right after they got him out of me. to me it was a more pleasent experience than my first. they tie your tubes before they stitch you up and not it doesnt hurt more at all. after getting my tubes tied my periods have been heavier and clotty and a little irregular. you will do just fine i almost just took a nap when they were doing the tubal ligation. good luck hun.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i had only one c section
    but it was planned
    planned is so much better than emergency, a whole different ballgame
    you will be in room, get tube in hand/arm for iv's and stuff, they will shave you down there, check blood pressure and all that crap, they will give you a caphador (sp?) that was the worst for me because nurse put it in wrong, but another fixed it and then you do not feel it, if it burns bad, ask to have them check it (i did not know it was not suppose to feel that bad)
    then they walk you into delivery room, get you to sit on table edge, lean over until you think you will fall forward, they will hold you so you will not, doc will do shot into spine ( i did not feel it at all!) very quickly it will take affect, so immediately they lay you down, husband can then comein, and everything goes real quick, 20 minutes at most=baby! you will hold but they will then take you to recoveryroom, husband & baby back to your
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I, too was in the same situation. My second c-se went so much smoother than my first, and my tubes were tied before he closed me up so there was no "extra" pain. My periods are heavier and some months, I really just can't get up out of bed for a day or two and I take a lot more Midol than I used to, but overall, I would say my second was DEFINITELY easier than my first. Good Luck and God Bless!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• your lucky I wanted my tubes tied but I was too young but anywayz...
    my 2nd c-section I was nervous also, I went in at 7am [I was last I need to be in at 6am]

* Went in they gave me a small room to get dressed in, my boyfriend got dressed also.
    * Laid on the bed filled paper work out
    *Waited until they where ready for us
    * Walked in with a nurse [the 1st time I was wheeled in]
    *gave me a spinel,it was 8:53am
    *He was born at 9:37am
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• cont.
    husband and baby back to your room, you will have to stay in recovery until you can wiggle toes, about one hour, i was given morrfine, so you are kind of out of it.
    i had tubes tied right after birth, no complications and as long as they were in there, no more risk than c section itsself. yes, you have a period, just like before, and you do ovulate, but egg does not make it to womb to be fertilied.
    hope this helped
    c section planned east in comparasion to emergency c section, you have have no problems
    remember to take it easy after=no lifting and stay ahead of pain
    gl
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I was int he same boat, everything goes smoother, people keep saying their periods got heavier after having their tubes tied but mine did not, I have only had 2 though, they are not every 28 days like they were before but then they may not be regulated yet my baby is only 3 months old. No extra pain from the tube tying and I recovered faster this time.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:40 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My next delivery is a c-section and with it being scheduled there will be no labor, failure to progress, etc. I will walk into the OR, get prepped and set up for the spinal. DH and I haven't discussed getting tubes tied. I will go back on the ring after I am done breast feeding.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009