My daughter is 15 months and a really good sleeper!

She goes to be between 9 and 10 at night most every night, she isnt on a set schedule for a time wise for bed, but we go through the same motions every night so she knows its bed time. We she is a good sleeper! Sometimes she wakes in the night but she whines for a second and goes back to sleep. In the mornings she wakes whenever, i am a stay at home mom so i dont wake her unless we have to go somewhere. So she wakes whenever. Most days around 10ish, however, so days she sleeps as late as 12!!! Anyways, my sister thinks it bad for her to sleep this long. I say she is growning because she is as healthy as can be, but what do you guys think? do you think its bad to let her sleep? She doesnt need to get up early! I consider myself lucky!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 10:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well my daughter does nap still but she only takes one and she sleeps anywhere from 1-3 hours and its normally like 3 hours after she wakes, but if i wake her then she doesnt take good naps, nor does she sleep good the next night! I think shes fine! She just growing! I hear that her age needs around 15-17 hours of sleep and thats between night and naps, so i think shes fine!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My kids were sleeping 10-12 hours at around 3 months, they need their sleep.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:27 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my 11 month old has the same kind of sleep routine, and i don't think its a problem, He doesn't nap due to how long he sleep, but when he's up he is very active and healthy so i don't see a problem
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My 9 month old sleeps 11-12 hours a night, he just goes to bed earlier/wakes up earlier so he's on a more "typical" schedule.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• At 15 months, mine were going to bed about 8pm and getting up around 6am. They then napped in the afternoon for about 2 hours.

If you're okay with that schedule....then there isn't a problem. If you don't want her sleeping until noon, and if you don't want a battle later when she has to get up to go to school (in a few years) then I'd start trying to get her to bed a bit earlier so she gets up earlier in the mornings......

I don't think the length of time she is sleeping is a problem, but that schedule wouldn't work for us. LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• as long as she is otherwise healthy than its not a problem. my daughter is 3 and still sleeps about 10-12 hours at night. she just doesn't nap during the day anymore. however she used to sleep about 14 hours and found out it was b/c she had awful sleep apnea and after her tonsils and adenoids where removed she went down to the 10-12 hours a night.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009