UTI and BF!!

Okay, I'm pretty sure I have a UTI, although it doesn't burn or sting when I pee, it only hurts when I'm almost done. I breastfeed and I don't know what to take. I've been taking AZO a little bt was kind of scared to take it while BFing. I have a dr.'s appointment made but it isn't til next Friday. So, my question is, being that I don't think it isn't a full blown UTI, just yet, what can I do til I get to the doctor? Thank you!!

SamanthaPorras

Asked by SamanthaPorras at 10:28 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink pure cranberry juice without sugar or any other fruits in it ,eat yogurt(the good bacteria)
    onehotmama2lil1

Answer by onehotmama2lil1 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Go to the dr early. You really cant play with a UTI.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• what i do when i get a uti, i will drink a glass of alcazelser(sp) for two or three days, its a home remedy for them.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:34 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thanks Ladies!!
    SamanthaPorras

Answer by SamanthaPorras at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• When I had a bad one and I was BF, my doctor said there was nothing safe to take and just drink lots of cranberry juice and water and let nature do its course. I tried cranberry juice, but it was too tart and made my baby spit up a lot, so I just had to drink LOTS of water and let nature do its course. Needless to say, I had it for over a month and it did finally go away.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Watch drinking too much cranberry juice. It's one of the things that can lead to kidney stones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You can't take Azo. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice (not the coctail juice, but the real cranberry juice) and take a cranberry tablet supplement.

Your dr will give you an antibiotic that is safe while breastfeeding.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009