How about this idea?

There is so much pain in the country today...so many homeless, jobless, hungry, and millions without access to health care. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. So, how about this? Why don't they make it to where the government can provide everyone with a nice house (not too fancy, but not a roach motel, either! lol) that's big enough for each family, food, clothing, medical care, education (including college!), and all of the necessities. In exchange, everyone works for the government in a job that matches their skills and talents. That way, the manpower to provide these services will be built-in, and that will make the whole idea cost-effective. Voila!!-a solution to almost every problem we face as a nation! Write your lawmaker and the President--maybe we can make it happen! And if you don't like the idea, you're not a very nice person! ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I recognize sarcasm when I see it! LOL

Hey, but there are MANY people on here who feel exactly that way! They feel the government should keep expanding and providing benefits until we are all equal.

Of course, if you know there in no way to get ahead, there is no reason to work hard. Heck, there is no reason to work at all, since the government's job it to provide for everyone.

Anyone else love Atlas Shrugged?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh brother then I guess I just have to be known as 'not a very nice person'

you are off your rocker...I hope this was a sarcastic post lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Are you being sarcastic? I have to ask because we live in a country that has many freedoms and one that gives everyone the ability to work hard, get an education, and get a decent job. I don't want to be told what job to have, where to live, etc.

If you want a house and these things-work for them. That is how people get them-rich people work hard for their money. People who are successful work hard for it.

The American dream is one built on hard work, blood, and sweat. To just give it away to anyone would be an insult to all those that died to make this country free. Your idea, to me, would be taking away all those freedoms that people fight and die for to this day.

Just my opinion.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• jenn that was very well said ......kudos ;)
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Hahah, Cafemom makes my forehead sore from all the *facepalms* I do.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• banging head into wallLOL bexi FO SHURE

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yep mancos exactly.Some are determined to cause it ...nothing will ever be good enough mark my words.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Are you serious? What happened to working hard and earning what you have? Who would pay for all that? I am practically speechless after reading that. I am going to have to agree with the other posters above me.
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yeah that would never work. Nice thought though?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Many people have NO talent.

What will we do with them?

There must be SOME reason why they aren't contributing and cannot earn their keep.

Not every problem is fixable.

People become even more unmotivated in life when they are handed everything.............

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009