Don;'know what to do or say, scared.

Tomorrow morning we are picking up my dad at the air port. I am freaking out.

Ive been cleaning all week. And still have to do wash and the dishes. I NEED a shower. figure out what all of us are wearing. I need to clean out the car. after all that

I can't find my passport. I dont have an ID and wanted to take my passport in case I need to show ID to meet him at the gate. Granted he is flyin into a little airport & I might not need it at all. but if I do I will have to wait in the pick up area for him. DS and I are going to make signs for him. (Papi and DADDY)

BTW this is a big deal I haven't ever known my dad. My mom kept me from him and told me lies about him. I dont know what to say to him. When we talk on the phone it's like I have know him my whole life. But I'm scared to meet him. I have issues with male figures. BC of my mom and grama poisoning my mind about him and my step granpa also molested me

Help?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• breath girl!!! lol
    what will be will be
    try not to have any expectations
    and remember he is more nervous than you
    enjoy your visit
    think of it as meeting a person not your dad
    the dad thing will come on it's own, or it will not
    cleaning your house is a nervous thing, if it helps you can come over and go to town on mine (lol)

you will be fine, if you remember to breath!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ok well first. you can't meet him at the gate at most airports, you can sit in the lobby and wait but at a point where they want an id, you have to have a ticket as well. now about the scared to meet him, he probably feels the same way you do. nervous and excited and not knowing what to expect. just breath it'll be fine and work out. if its so great over the phone than i'm sure it won't be awkward at all when you get to see him.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Just try and clam down, It will be easy once you see him all your nerves will go crazy then once you have him home it will calm down. This is how I was when I seen my father for the 1st time in years and also my family feedin me BS.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Just try to relax, if you can talk on the phone you can also talk in person, it might take a little bit but I am sure if you try you will get comfortable around him quickly, having your soon there with you will help break the ice to I'm sure. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• calm down. You don't need a passport but if you want to take it you need to calm down so you can remember where it is. Stop and take some deep breaths and get in control now before he gets here and you make a bad impression. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth if you get too excited. It will all be fine. Treat him like any other person you just met. Tell him about you. Ask him about himself. Ask about family history if there is a lull. Stay away from sensitive subjects if you can. Let your ds step in and help. If all else fails come back and ask again and we'll get you through it

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Agreed, you will NOT be able to meet him at the gate. You will have to meet him on the public side of the security check. Just be waiting there with your signs. Sounds like you guys have built a relationship over the phone and seeing him in person while it will be emotional sounds like it is going to be AWESOME!

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The only way that I've ever been able to meet someone at the gate was when DH was flying in for R&R. At most airports, you can meet military personnel at the gate. You just need to go to the airline, show ID and tell them what flight they're coming in on. They give a pass to give to security. It won't hurt to ask.

And just keep breathing. You'll be fine.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Take a deep breath and relax. I am sure your dad is nervous about meeting you and your family too! I am glad that you are getting to meet him and spend time with him. I hope you have a GREAT visit with him!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009