Sex before marriage?

Does anyone else feel that not having sex before getting married is kind of like buying a car without test driving it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not really. Although I don't believe that sex should wait untill marriage, I also dont' believe in giving it a Test Run either. Good sex is something that comes from communication and practice and getting rid of prudish inhibitions :).
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I disagree! I wish I had waited until I was married.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Nope. Sex should not be the basis of marriage. Sex is a perk. If it's great then it's like buying a car and finding out it had great added features. I did not have sex until marriage and am very proud to say so.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It really doesn't matter what others think about this topic, this is way TOO personal. Hon, you need to do what YOU feel is right in your heart, deep down in your gut. Follow your instincts!
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 10:42 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• heck yeah what if its hella little or dont perform right or he cant get it up? i know sex is not the main part of the relationship but it sure is a major part to me....and my cousin said those exact words to his mom when she asked so ya gonna marry her?.....his reply well do you buy a car before you test drive it?....lol i guess she was good they are married and have two kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ie only had sex with 2guys.....the b/f beofre my ny hubby( my first b/f) ad then my hubby.....if my first b/f were still alive id probably be married to him, but im married to a great man who i love and we had sex before marriage and it worked fr us, but every relationhip is different...youhave to decide what is right for you
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No. There have been studies that show that people who have sex before marriage, and those that live together before marriage have higher divorce rates than those who don't. I think that's a pretty good reason NOT to.

Answer by missanc at 10:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Studies are misleading, anything can be proved in a study. It's a personal choice period
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:05 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No, I do not relate sex and car driving. It's a bad analogy. There's no morality involved in driving a car, but there is in respecting yourself and your future husband enough to wait for marriage to have sex.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009