How to get my son to stop screaming at the top of his lungs?

My son will be two next month and he screams at the top of his lungs, when he is mad or even happy...Help!!! Also he hits alot, tried smacking his fingers when he does and he just looks at me and hits me again..on and on..and way that might work?

LLJ

Asked by LLJ at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get ear plugs for yourself
    try to ignore him, any attention for you (good or bad) is attention that he wants, that is why he screams, first it was to see and try is voice, now he gets your attention

gl, if nothing works, he will out grow in a few years (lol)

i can joke because i have toddler also, she likes to throw fits for attention, does not scream (yet?!) but she lays on floor kicking and sometimes bangs head, but we really try to ignore as long as she is afe on carpet and glad to say she does this less (afraid to even type that, as to not jinx it)
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Tell him he can only scream in his room with the door shut.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• or into a pillow i made my daughter scream into a pillow when she did that, it worked wonders and she still does it when she wants to scream.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• and for the hitting, time out and walk away. tell him you will not play with him or be near him if he is going to hit. it will take a few times but once he realizes that hitting means no more fun he'll stop
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't have a clue - I am trying to figure out why my son crys and whines ALL DAY LONG still. he's 21 months and I swear he's never happy ! wahh.....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Scream back.

It shocks the hell out of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 19, 2009