How can I get an oil stain out of my couch?

DH's stupid friend sat in a puddle of motor oil and then sat on my couch. They are cloth and sort of a tweed fabric. I tried using dish soap several times and blotted but there is still a wet looking stain.

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 10:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• flip cushion
    and get plastic covering for when stupid friend comes over again

sorry no real Martha Stewart advice on stain, surf internet site for stain removal tips????
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh man, that sucks. The only thing I know for oil stains is dish soap, which you already tried....Hm....

Got this from Ehow:

Step
    1
    Immediately after the oil has spilled pour baby powder over the area.

Step
    2
    Let the baby powder absorb the oil completely.

Step
    3
    Once you see that the oil has been absorbed, brush the powder off using old toothbrush.

Step
    4
    Wash according to the garment instruction and your stain will be gone!

Since you can't throw your couch into the washer, try a wet washcloth (like SOAKING wet, not just damp) or shampoo it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ok heres wut i do- check to see if the couches cleaning directions (found under the cushions) say ws on then if so u can use resolve multifabric on it- that stuff saved my tan microfiber couch so many times from vaseline, pen, crayons, marker, juice, dirty feet, and sooo much more! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009