Need Help on Figuring out a good present!!!

We do a Secret Santa for Christmas b/c there are so many in my family. I always end up with my brother and sil I have NO clue what to get them. They live with my mother, don't work and have NO common interests. I thought about a AAA card as there car has broken down several times this year, but my mom said that being this is their only gift that that would be disappointing.

I mean honestly ... what can I get them? They have no house to decorate, no yard that is theirs and "grown up" gifts are apparently too boring...their like 35 and its about time they grow up imo.

Any suggestions please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get him a stack of job applications and a button up shirt and tie with a note that says "for your *new* job, now you can find one..."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Gift Cards all the way! That way they can get whatever they want and you don't have to worry about trying to pick something specific out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Maybe just give them a gift card to a store and they can pick out there own gift.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• A gift card is an excellent idea. They have visa cards you can get so they can shop anywhere, or just go out for a nice dinner.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:53 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Buy them each an ugly sweater, and tell them how it just screamed their name when you saw it. Honestly I think the AAA card was really good and thoughtful idea, and it is very appropriate for two people who can't take care of themselves. Just curious - if they don't work, how are they able to afford to participate in a gift exchange?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• See here's the thing...we have very little money right now....I am having serious problems breathing and am trying to apply for ssi or ssdi sorry it all confuses me so much...I can't even walk a flight of stairs w/o getting winded.

They started this early so everyone can garage sale and "appear" to reach the dollar amount set at $100!!! I can't garage sale b/c my son is mildly autistic and can't handle garage sales/flea markets etc. My mother watches my sil son so they can go...but sadly no one will help us out.

I just can't afford $100 worth of gift cards. Sorry to go off so long here, but my family hurts me so much by doing this...they just don't seem to get how hard we are trying and why we are still struggling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It's simple they survive off our tax dollars!!! She collects unemployment from losing a job last October and also collects social security for her son with autism and uses it to her advantage....I will admit that I collect it for my son as well...but I use it for my son and my son ONLY!!!

They also get food stamps, food bank &live with my mother care free...it's so frustrating and I HATE that I draw them every year b/c I have no desire to find out what they Really WANT. I don't feel they deserve anything. They are leeches from my mom & its just not fair to anyone. They have an attitude where they feel they deserve to have everything handed to them and do nothing in return.

I have on numerous occassions driven the 15 min from my house to pick my sis up from work & then 5 min to my mom's to drop her off to find my brother sitting there & then dfrive back home. He lives there free and couldn't get up off his butt to get her!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'd love to do that ^^^^ soooooo bad ... I just don't have the balls ... lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009