Am I being selfish?

So I love my husband and I love that he loves me and my body. However, sometimes I wish I could just be naked without him touching me. Like once I have the kids down at night, I would like to sit in the hot tub without the burden of clothes or sleep nude. Is it wrong of me to ask him to not touch? I just want my body to myself sometimes, we have been married for 14 years, so it's not like he hasn't had or doesn't have plenty of opportunities in that area. I don't know. Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut and go along with it and be happy that my hubby is happy and faithful to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I totally understand....and of course you should get that time to yourself. There's nothing wrong or selfish about that at all!!! My ex husband used to come in the bathroom when I had the door shut and was just trying to relax by myself and then get mad at me for not wanting to "do anything."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I know how you feel!!! But it's even when I have my clothes on and hubby will get all pouty...Fine if you DON'T want me touching you...LOKK A$$ I have kids climbing over me all day sometimes I just don't wanna be touched...sometimes I just want left alone!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh yeah...forgot about the whole "shower" thing...I'm going to take a shower or do you want me to wait so we can shower together...Ummm NO TY I just wanna shower and relax ALONE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I hear ya. I work all day and when i come home I want to hear all about my childs day and when its time to put her to bed I go to take a breath and WHAM there is my husband ready to take that breath away.. and not always in a good way. I love my husband to, but when is it going to be my turn to sit and watch TV while someone cooks and cleans and gets the kid ready for bed for me...huh. maybe then I wouldn't make that face that says "ug again, didn't we just have sex yesterday" ha ha.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• That would be annoying. My husband and I shower together so we get that time to talk and relax together. We never have sex in the shower.

Maybe if more men realized that the more they help us out and give us some time alone, the more likely we are to want to BE touched...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It can get annoying, but the key to KEEPING your man faithful is to Please him. i pretend im taking a shower or changing and just lay on my bed sometimes, not very long cause of course here comes the knock on the door! AMbey b4 u want time alone make it very clear to you hubby that you want TO BE ALONE!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OP here- I agree with everything you ladies have said, but I still feel it's a little bitchy of me to walk around naked, sleep in the same bed naked and say, don't touch. But I am at my boiling point, so I guess I am going to have to be a little bitchy to get some peace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• from your mouth to God's ears
    yes, sometimes i wish this
    if man got this, women would be happier in general
    there is something very sexy about being naked and enjoying each others company without the gropeing
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009