I have a scar on my leg and it's new, still healing. What can I use/do to ensure it heals with minimal scarring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• Always put sunscreen over that area for the next year or until you no longer see the scar. And viamin E at night.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The more blood flow you can get to that area, the less scarring there will be...the creams that say they will minimize the scar are only making you rub the area more. Rubbing improves blood flow to the area so you don't need any special ointment just regular lotion.

My sister has a disorder that makes her really prone to scarring so this is what her doctor told her and it works.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had a nasty scar on my neck after a surgery. I bought 25,000IE Vit. E oil. I rubbed it on it twice a day starting 6 weeks after the surgery. It is barely noticable now. I have since done the same for several scars with great results.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:26 AM on Aug. 19, 2009