Calling all fitness guru's, I have a question?

I exercise for about an hour to an hour and 1/2. Sometimes, I feel like I could exercise longer. Can a person over excise? I want to pick your brains and ask you what do you do and how long do you exercise? I'd really appreciate the feedback.

Many thanks,

Pamela

Also, I have hit a platue on loosing wieght, how do I get it started up again? What did you do?

Safirejewl

Asked by Safirejewl at 11:22 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• Yup, listen to your body. I have fibro too. OK. You need to make sure you're eating ENOUGH food a day, without having too much. If you eat too little your body will stop loosing weight. Do you have access to a pool? I really only walk right now so I'm not much help in HOW you should change up the routine, I just know that it helps.

You sound like you're doing everything right. and 23.8lbs is AWESOME! Sorry I'm not much help. But keep going! Oh, I'll get my WW book and look what they say to do about plateaus for you. :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• bump
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 12:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• What are you doing for exercise? Also, weight watchers has really helped me lose weight. How's your diet looking? Are you drinking enough water? If you can mix up you're diet a bit that will help you start to lose weight again. Eat dinner for breakfast or something. Just change things up so your body isn't expecting the same thing. Same idea can be applied to exercise. Although I'm loosing weight with just walking(at least 2 miles a day in addition to all the standing/normal walking I do).
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Hi arisce..here's my normal routine...I'm stuck...I drink 8 glass of water a day. I eat fruits, veggies, tuna, fish, chicken...all light portions..basically it's called the crazy 8's. I can't afford to get on any program, so, I'm doing it on my own. I have lost about 23.8lbs and now I'm stuck. I walk 3 miles a day on a treadmill, I do light weights. I'm doing everything right but, I'm just stuck. I will be increasing my weights from 3lbs to 4lbs and hopefully walking a little longer than 3 miles. I used to do 5 miles and taebo and etc until I was diagnosed with Fibro. So, now I am limited. Anyway, I needed some ideas on how to get off this plateau. Thanks for your answer.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh and all this takes about 90mins. When I started the crazy 8 program that my doctor told me about, he told me to do it for 60 to 90 mins. I was wondering if I could push myself a little more without over doing it. I know that answer..I have to listen to my body. What I was thinking was doing maybe 2 hours of exercising. Any positive comments will be welcome.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OK, well basically it says to do more of what you're doing! lol Big help, right? Exercise more, eat more veggies and fruits, maybe write down what you eat for a week? Try some new foods. And make sure that your "30 minute was hasn't dropped to a 20 minute walk". Don't lose heart! You can get past this. :)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009