My daughter is three months and I was wondering all you mommies that stay home...how often do you hold your child? What amount of time during the day??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 3 kids and the youngest is 3 months, I hold her a lot because my front baby carrier has become a Godsend! I wear her while I play with the older 2 and do some chores, then she sits in her chair or lays in the crib. Soon she will be sitting in a highchair and "helping" me while I am in the kitchen. I probably hold her more then some people hold their babies but I think they are only little once and you need to enjoy it.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i was a horrible mommy about this i really was i would hold my son on demand and it created a monster. so my advice to you get your child use to playing on their own not for a long time just enough time to swap the laundry or eat a meal do somehtign simple. that way your not living on one handed foods and learning to do everything with a snugli on like i did.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:46 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with busybeesmom. I held my first all the time and i am bout to have #2. I am sure it will be the same maybe not so much as the first since i will have toddler that is wanting my attention too!!!
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my son is pretty much held the whole time its just me at home, my husband works at a bakery from 4am to 2pm and my son gets up around 8. i hold him for a couple hours and he falls asleep and i lay him down, sometimes hes in his exersaucer when i need to get something to eat or go to the bathroom, hes spoiled lol
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I held Emi about 99% of the time when she was that age. Invest in a sling.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh, and at 10 months she'll sit and play on the floor all by herself for an entire hour. It's cute, she's "reads" her books. ^.^
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I held my 3 month old children a lot. Unless I was cooking or they were napping, I was either holding them or wearing them in a Snugli.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• at 3 months, pretty much all day.
    I gave her a bit of tummy time but she wasnt into it at that age so I just held her.

Now at almost 6 months I let her do what she wants. If she wants to be held I hold her, but shed usually rather be on the floor with toys or in her exersaucer.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 1:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• at that age i was still horribly depressed so i would hold her while feeding her and more, but alot of the time id be across the roomtalking to her or on the floor playing with her. i DIDNT neglect her i just wasnt laying or sitting with a baby in my arms 24/7. she new she was loved and nurtured. but im not into the whole babywearing thing.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 8:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My DD has always been an indepentant little thing. She was held on demand, which wasnt very often, and now she comes to us when she wants to be held....and its never for very long.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2009