has anyone had this problem??

my 4month old hasn't pooped in a wk, is this normal and has anyone else had this problem?

julie223

Asked by julie223 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is he BF or FF. its normal for BF babies to go a week sometimes. i can't say i have had that happen to me, my son is FF
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It's okay if he hasn't gone in a few days, but a week is a bit much. Call your pediatrician to see what he/she recommends. I give my almost 6 month old daugther Gerber's organic prunes baby food I have also given her apple prune juice.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:41 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I DON''T THINK THIS IS NORMAL FOR ANYONE, CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR. MAYBE HIS MILK IS MAKING HIM DO THAT, TOO MUCH IRON SOMETIMES WILL CONSTIPATE YOU BUT WHEN IN DOUBT CONSULT THE DOCTOR.

Answer by older at 11:43 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• bf or ff formula babies need to poop bf babies dont need to poop alot. my doctor recomended caro syrup in the baba and if you started cereal and started with rice dont do it cause rice is very binding and will cause constiaption also if you feel okay with it gerber makes an apple prune juice sold in little 4 oz bottles that stuff helps alot but be sure to talk to your doctor because my son had lots of constipation issues and still does at almost 3 so we use miralax for him it can be perscribed and coverd by insurance when its for kids
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:49 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don;t think that I would go more than two days without calling the Dr. The Dr. did tell me that about this age their BM's start slowing down but a week seems like a looooong time
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• DON'T DO KARO SYRUP!!! If you do the babies system gets used to it and majority of the time can't poop without it!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• we do a tsp of prune juice every time my son has issues you can do it up to twice a day :) that is what our doctor recommended!
    PrinceEdsmommy

Answer by PrinceEdsmommy at 2:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009