PLEASE HELP!! Cosco Scenera Convertible Car Seat

I recently bought this car seat for my husband's car (I have an Evenflo in my car which is great). The problem with the Cosco seat is that it tips over to the side when making sharp turns or when taking the baby out (I have a 9 month old son wighing 23 lbs and 28.5 inches long). We read in a consumer report that teh Cosco is one of the safest seats howver I am worried that this seat is tipping over to the side. My husband swears it is correctly installed. Does anyone have this problem with Cosco Scenera seats when installed rear-facing?

kewoeber

Asked by kewoeber at 11:44 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have one and have NEVER had this happen. ARe you sure the belt is in the correct place or tight enough? If hubby won't admit that it's installed incorrectly, take it to a fire station and have them check it...you can tell hubby that before you spend money on another one, that you want a trained professional to inspect the seat to see if it's defective.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have that car seat in my moms car. It was rear facing for a while and we never had that happen. The seat should be in so tight that it can not move more than an inch in either direction at the base of the seat (where it's strapped into the seat.). My best guess is that the car seat is not installed properly/tight enough. Be sure the strap is under the seat where baby sits not behind baby's back (that is where the strap goes when forward facing). Take it to a professional to get it tests. Most police deparments will have someone who can do this and some fire departments will to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• call you local police or fire department to find someone to help you install it correctly.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• do you have all the straps hooked up as well..te ones tat go behind the seet? i hve one and its never done that
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have that car seat, also rear facing, and I have had no such problem with it. We have had it for a year now. It sounds as though you don't have it installed correctly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yea, sounds like its not installed correctly or tight enough. If you call your local fire dept, they will tell you where you can take it to be checked, normally for free
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 2:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009