When taking a shower, don't you scrub your feet?

The other day I was giving my DH a pedicure and noticed he has some athletes foot on one foot. So i said to him "when you take a shower, make sure you scrub in there really good". He said "with what, like soap and a washcloth? Do I have to scrub my feet? Do you?" I said "OMG! When you take a shower, at every shower, yes, you make sure you scrub your feet!" He thought just standing in the shower was good enough to clean his feet!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OP & anyone else with a loved one who forgets to wash their feet in the shower ~ Buy one of those bath mats that feels like fake grass - the nice stiff kind, not the soft kind - and it will scrub at their feet while they shower with the soap that slides off their body.
    If you can teach them the importance of scrubbing the soles of their feet during bathing then that's great, but not everyone will see the reasoning to this and for some people old habits are hard to break.
    Take care!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Always. Some times I even just soak my feet to wash them besides in the shower. They look and feel good that way. Gotta give your feet TLC, they are what supports your whole body. ;-)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:50 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i forget sometimes. but i have a pumice stone in there to help with the calluses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i dont see the need to scrub my feet. i never have and dont have any problems... there clean anyway when i get out of the shower. whats the point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I hate feet and am paranoid about them being stinky or dirty even when they're not...I scrub the hell outta them!!!
    Anonymous

• i dont scrub my feet in the shower everytime...but my feet arent gross....but now i feel like i need to! i didntknow i was supposed to lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I do each and everytime but I noticed years ago that not everybody did. I remember being in college and seeing the girls come out of the shower and the bottoms of their feet were still black and then they'd be walking around with nothing on their feet. YUCKO!!! MAD NASTY!!! Often made me wonder what else they weren't washing when in the shower.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No, I don't see the need. My feet get plenty clean with the water it's in and with the soap that runs down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Scrubbing will not make athletes foot go away. It's a fungus not dirt.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• teamquinn...i know that, but the cream for athletes foot says "clean affected are before applying".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009