Membrane strip? 39 wks, 75%, 2cm, stage 0!

I know that my baby will come when she is ready and that everyone is different when it comes to the time they go into labor...
I am just wanting to know some of your stories!!

I will be 39 weeks tomorrow, had my membranes stripped at 930am this morn (It was def uncomfortable), I am 75% effaced, 2cm dilated, and at stage 0.

Just want to here your stories about getting your membranes stripped (or swept as some docs call it) .... how far along were you- all that good info... and did the strip work?

Thanks!!

shannonwooten

Asked by shannonwooten at 12:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was about 39 weeks when my OB did a "rough exam" (not quite stripping membranes, as I wasn't dilated enough, but does similar stuff). I went into labor 3-4 days later. May or may not have had anything to do with the exam.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had my membranes stripped on a Friday, the day before my due date. It hurt so much more than labor!

My bag broke around 2:00 Sunday morning and I delivered just after 7:00 Sunday evening.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• HA! No! I was one day shy of 39 weeks when I went in to get "swept." I was 50% effaced, 3cm dilated and I was SO excited when I left that I put the bags, the car seat and the diaper bag in the car. And then I waited, and I didn't have her until her due date a week later (after another "swipe" mind you)
    SO GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had it done the day after my due date. I started having contractions right away. I had the contractions until I had my son 2 days later.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had it done twice with my oldest. So obviously it did not work the first time ;). My doc did it the first time at my 40 week appt on my EDD. My next appointment was 8 days later and she did it again. I am still not sure if it was the membrane sweeping that did it, or if it was the two chili dogs I ate and walking around the county fair all day afterwards, or maybe a combination of the two, but I did go in to labor early that evening. I didn't have it done with my younger kids.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I had mine done with my first at 39, 40 and 41 weeks.. she never did come naturally. Ended up with a c-section at almost 43 weeks.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 12:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• ok IT WORKED FOR ME!! i was 38 wks 4 cm and 75% i got them stripped march 14 at 3 pm and i had my dd march 15 at 8:45 a,!!! yay
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2009