bloating

so im a very skinny person no i dont make self that way i just am always have been and sometimes i will get really bloated when i eat, but only every once in a blue moon. now when i eat i will get really bloated to where i look really pregnant and this has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks can anyone tell me why this happens. it usually doesnt happen this often.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• I had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being a reaction to Iodine. I now buy only no-iodized salt and have never had it happen again. It could be a symtom of many things though, so you should probably see a doctor to get a diagnosis.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You may have developed an intolerance to something you're eating. Or your natural digestive flora could be out of whack. It happens. I'm like you, very naturally skinny, so when I bloat you can really see it. My go-to remedy is pro-biotics or pre-biotics (acidophilus is good). I have also identified a few culprits by eliminating foods from my diet one at a time (for a period of about 2 weeks per item) and noting the effect. For example, I discovered that bell peppers make me bloat terribly, as does too much milk (I can handle some milk, but I have to limit it). Additionally, I have noticed that I am way more likely to bloat around or right after the time that I ovulate. I also keep gas-x on hand to relieve the discomfort when it hits.
    anusaramama

Answer by anusaramama at 3:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009