Anyone know how to remove gum from a dryer?

I dried a par of pants with a pack of gum in the pocket and now its all over the inside of my dryer..any suggestions.

missv66

Asked by missv66 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• First, put several old towels in the dryer and let it run on Warm for a few minutes to soften the gum. Then mix a tablespoon of powdered laundry detergent with just enough water to make a thick paste and apply to a clean cloth. Use the cloth to scrub off the gum; go over the entire inside of the dryer. Before drying your next load of clean clothes, run one cycle with several damp rags, just to be certain all the gum is gone.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Goo Gone works really well. You would probably have to clean your dryer afterwards it has kind of a yucky smell.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• This just happened to me this past weekend (actually my husband did it for the millionth time!!) And Goo Gone does work the best. You do have to clean your dryer out with at least a water and sponge afterwards (I also add a little dishsoap), because I find the smell irritating too, especially in a hot dryer! Good luck! It works like a charm!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've also been told that Ice works if its clumped. Or like the previous poster mentioned, Goo Gone!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thank you so much! I just finished and used a bit of all of your suggestions...softened the gum and wiped it with Goo Gone that my neighbor had...thank you again
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009