Powder Formula

Does powder formula produce more gas?

melody1881

Asked by melody1881 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used both and I cannot tell a difference in gasiness or spit up. I use powder more regularly though.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I didn't see a diff. It's the ame formula as the liquids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I found it worked better for us if I mixed a days worth ahead of time and kept it in the fridge. The air bubbles from shaking it up had time to dissipate and they did have less gas that way. (as opposed to shaking it and giving it right a way)

I had a 4 cup measuring cup, filled it with water, and heated it in the mircowave for 2 minutes. Put the bottle in the water, change a diaper and the bottle was ready. (that was an 8oz bottle, though!)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It can, yes...because when you shake it, you're shaking air bubbles into it. I found that Costco's Generic formula (Kirkland) mixed better than Similac and Enfamil and reduced gas issues. If you make it ahead of time and let it settle though...most of the bubbles will find their way out (I was just too lazy to do it)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009