Do you think it's "whorish" for someone to get a tattoo on their breast?(READ BEFORE ANSWERING)

So, I was going to get a tattoo of my son's zodiac sign in the color of his birthstone with his b-day under it. I would love to get it "over my heart" but since I'm a woman it would end up being on my breast. Now , I'm asking because I'm wondering what other people would think if they saw me walking down the street w/ a tattoo on that area. I do not want to be seen as "some hoe".

Just want some input before I actually get it done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it would look whorish. I have a big one on my lower back and arm, and a lip ring...If its what you want then no ones opinion should matter. Go For It!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Its your body you can put where ever you want
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Its your body, your art, your expression of your love for your son put it where you want it, i was going to get mine over my heart but the tatooist said that skin is very thin and it might hurt more so i got it on my shoulder (still over my heart though!!)
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 12:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my supervisor has one and usually you don't see it but every once and a while she'll make a move and the combination of her choice of top for that day and the fact that lots of times when I go into her office she's sitting and I'm standing over her I can see it - but it's rare and I don't think she's a whore.

It's sooo lame to judge someone based on where a tattoo is placed on their body. People should be judging you based on the type of person you are and what kind of mom you are to your son not base on where or what your tattoo is.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think it's a little trashy to wear a shirt that low cut that someone can see your tattoo. I have tattoos in private areas, which I do not think is whorish. They are personally significant to me. I do think that wearing clothing in public that would reveal some of my tattoos would look pretty darn trashy.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i'm hope not , i have my son's name there
    Draydensmom7708

Answer by Draydensmom7708 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• There's a 60 something year old lady who has a tattoo on her breast that peaks out from underneath the top of her bathing suit at times. It looks ridiculous. What we think is smart when we're 30, sometimes isn't when we're 60.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Nope. I don't think that at all. I have one in that location and there are like three people on planet earth that have ever seen it, including the tattoo artist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Considering that both my bio mom and sister have one on their breasts, I wouldn't consider it whorish as long as it's tasteful, which the one you want is. My bio mom has my name tattooed on her breast. So, I don't think it would be distasteful at all.
    ravensgirl83

Answer by ravensgirl83 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• It is your body. If you want a tattoo on your chest area then go for it!! I don't think it would be whorish, I imagine it would probably be covered up most of the time and nobody would really know it was even there. A woman I worked with had a rose with music score tattooed on her chest. It was hidden under her clothes and nobody knew she had a tattoo. One day she did move her shirt a bit and show it to me. She was wearing a white top and someone asked her about it (they could see a vague image of it thru the shirt). I thought the tattoo was tastefully done, and it did have special meaning to her.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009