Why does it seem like there are two worlds? Doctors point of view and ours.

I told my ob today that I had blood work done to find out if I was pregnant even though I am on the shot and had neg htp. (I feel like I have every symptom possible for pregnancy, I'm leaking again too!) She told me that I was early on my shot and that I have had neg test I should be on time magazine if I ended up being pregnant.
Well then why did I just find out that a friend (who is on the depo) just found out she is prego with twins? And why on here are people saying they had to get blood tests done to find out they were pregnant while on depo?
The doc that took the blood work said he has seen it come back + when htp come back - so I guess he is on "our side". It was like my ob didn't believe in the fact that some people do get pregnant while using the shot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• Not sure why docs think like this, but they do. Mine also told me that the chances were low to become pregnant if I took my pill regularly, which I did. Unfortunately, he was not aware of the drug interaction with my seizure medication and pregnant I was indeed. LOL. Didn't you see my smiling face on Time Magazine?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• OMG, my friend who got pregnant on depo had twins too! I wonder if there is a correlation or if it's just coincidence?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009