Girls, girls and more girls....

I know there's absolutely no way to control what gender child you will have and I'm really good with girls but my husband has started getting really frustrated. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this? I have 4 girls and am currently pregnant again and he really wants a boy this time, but I have a feeling that this will go differently to how he wishes... Just mother's instinct. And I think he'd like to keep having children until we had a boy where as I think five is about my limit, should I try and get him to accept this or just suggest waiting five or six years since I am young enough? even though I may not want children then...

mommatomanyy

Asked by mommatomanyy at 1:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Stop when YOU are ready. It's not the Middle Ages - your job isn't to "bear him a son". It's his little swimmers that determine the gender... tell him to grow more boy sperm LOL

Honesly, I worry a little bit about people who want to just keep trying & keep trying until they get the gender they want. Makes me wonder about the relationship the parents have with the 3 or 4 "try & miss" kids they have before hitting the lotto.... and the relationship with the "winner" child as well. Seems a lot of time once they get what they want, they REALLY want that kid to turn out the way THEY want that kid to turn out. A lot of pressure on a kid.

Not saying this is the case with you.... just rambling... I had neighbors like that once...it was pretty sad the way their family interacted.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My mom and step-dad have 6 girls combined. My mom had two, he had two, and they had 2 together. Its just something they have to eal with. They tried for a boy and go a girl both times. Not that they could try again anyway.

You need to tell your hubby your body is tired and you really dont want more. Maybe compromise with him. I know there are books that tell techniques to up your chances to have a boy (or girl). maybe research those and give them a try and try one more time. if it's a girl, no more tries. You have your limits too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• he just needs to face that he might have a family of all girls cause it all depend on what sperm fertilizes the egg its a X crom sperm then its a girl if its a Y then its a boy. so don't worry and if this baby is a girl you need to tell him okay this is it after this I don't want anymore kids
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• That's why I quit having kids at 3. I have all girls. I have a friend with 5 girls, they would have kept trying except that she reached her limit on c-sects and had to have her tubes ties. One of my high school friends parents had girls before they had their boy. His name was John Jr. and was such a sissy la-la that he should have been a girl! He's not gay or anything, just the emperer around a bunch of peasants. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• 6 girls before a boy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yes Laura1229 I agree with you, it's gets ridiculous sometimes and I reckon if this was a boy my husband would completely spoil him and have ridiculous expectations. To be honest I don't mind what the sex is, ever, because I just want a healthy baby. But I think it might be worse if I have a boy because the girls would feel left out! I've always wanted five kids anyway, just five :).
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 1:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My hubby and I agreed, we'd give it three tries. We have one daughter, so he still has 2 chances to give me my boy. If we have a boy next, we're done. And while i really want a boy, I'm thriled with either sex. My daughter is the light of my life.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Oh, if you keep trying, you will have girls. Its just that way. I know he wants a son but somewhere along the lines, hes going to have to get comfy with what he has and learn to love them BECAUSE they are girls, not in spite of. Dont let him show his disappointment. I think kids pick up on our feelings really fast and you dont want those girls feeling as if they are rejected because they couldnt be the BOY that dad wanted. I say, take what God gives you, make the very best of it and then if you want a son, adopt one. Your body can only do so much, then comes God. Good luck with your new baby, whatever he/she may be.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• How bad does it make your girls feel that he only wants a boy?

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009