Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u get a child to stop cutting self?

i have a 12 year old that is out of contral and she likes cutting her self at school and eating non food items

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (8)

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Eating non food items? Like what?
    Put her in counselling. She is obviously screaming for someone to help her.

    Answer by BambiF at 1:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • Medical attention, cutting is a serious problem that carries alot of emotional issues, as for the cause the release of stress and pain etc. Cutting is a cry for help, get her to someone able to help her deal with her emotions , feelings or lack of control, or for what ever reason she/he is doing it for.

    Answer by midnightmoma at 1:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • eating non food items is a big warning sign for a mental and/ or physical health problem. probably one that she cannot control. she needs a doctor. be strong, mama.

    Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • yea she needs a person to talk to tell her obv u have a hard time talkin to me would u like to get a counselor to talk to or u kno sit with her say u love her and arescared of wat shes doin and ask her wat she wants to do about it

    Answer by mamabear0824 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • counselling is a must she is in pain or/and feels she has no control over her life 2 big reason people cut ..... that is why i did hopeful it will make you feel better to know im 30 and havent done it in a very long time 19 or so

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • There's a website called To Write Love on Her Arms They have a lot of info on cutting and depression. I would start there.

    Answer by lovepotato at 1:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • This child has serious emotional and/or psychological issues, and she needs help. If you can't afford to pay for counseling, start calling the churches in your area. Many churches now have people on their staffs who are qualified to deal with such issues.

    Answer by NannyB. at 1:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.