Surprise for hubby

My husband and I have been married for a little over 2 years now. We kinda rushed with our marriage and didn't have the wedding that I know both of us wanted. A bunch of my family wasnt there and it was really small. We had it planned in 3 months and didn't have the reception I had hoped for. I know none of that matters really since I married the man I love. But for our 5 year anniversary I have been thinking about renewing our vows. I would start saving up money now but I want to do it without him knowing and surprise him with it. I want it to be a big "wedding" with all of our family there. Do you think it would be a good idea? I want to be able to save up money to have a big ceremony and reception then have our daughters sent to the grandparents for a week or so so that him and I can go on a honeymoon to Hawaii since we never went. Any other ideas are welcome. I just started thinking about this the other day.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 1:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Personally I like the idea but wouldn't spend a lot on the ceremony since you do have children and are planning an expensive honeymoon. Can he take off work that long? What other obligations/commitments does he have that might hinder him from being gone so long? Not sure I'd do that without his input but you could act like it's just vacation planning. Remember that all of the wedding hoopla is usually something the female wants and not so much the man so he might think it's frivolous and wasting money that could be going to the kid's college fund or a new car. Just think about what he'd agree to if he was in on the surprise. Sometimes the spending of large sums of money without discussion can damage a relationship. You can accomplish the same goal cheaply for the ceremony but if money isn't an issue then go for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't think surprising him with it would be that great of an idea unless you know that he would be on board with the idea. Maybe try bringing up the idea and telling him how you feel about kinda 'missing out' on the whole wedding thing, but maybe not tell him when you want to do it. Then if he seems okay with it start putting back the money that you'd need for it. Good-luck!!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Lol I LOVE the idea! Me and my hubby are talking about doing the exact same thing! We had our wedding in less than two months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2009