HELP I"M SCARED!!

okay my dr. called me into his office yesterday for a progestrone shot...i've never even heard of this and I didnt have to do this with my first child. my question is what should my progestrone level be at 6wks preggo and has anyone been thru this and carried full term?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So he didn't explain anything to you? Call your physician and find out what the heck is going on. It is really hard to answer your question when you have no idea what your levels are or what his explanation is.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 1:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think it to keep up with the babies development. there's so much dividing and growing of cells, it's to help it.

i would be concerned if i were you.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• he said everything was fine but that my pro. level was down, but not by much...it was like a .10 or the other way around.I dont remember
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• A friend of mine had to get progestrone shots early in her pregnancy because of low levels. (Her first pregnancy was a miscarriage...likely due to low progestrone). It just helps you maintain the pregnancy. Once you're into the second trimester, you're out of the woods. Its good your doctor checked your levels so early and acted on it. PS My friend had a very healthy baby girl with absolutely no complications...apparently it isn' all that uncommon. Best Wishes.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009