How to move from Formula to Whole Milk?

My 14month old has a sensitive stomach. She always has. I have tried switching her to whole milk about 4 time starting at abotu 8 months old. Each time it would give her diareaha and I would have to go back to her gentlease formula. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try Soy Milk. My daughter used to get an upset stomach everytime I gave her cow's milk. The doctor said some babies just don't handle it well. Humans are the only species that continues to drink dairy products after we're weened... and the truth is, you can get everything you get from Milk from other sources (fruits and veggies, the sun, etc.) I've found that Soy Milk has the same amount or more calcium, vitamin D, protein, etc. Plus, you can buy the kind enriched with Omega 3s and DHA. An added bonus is that you know there are no growth hormones. The Soy Milk is convenient too for later on...they have different flavors (vanilla, chocolate) and you can buy the kind in the little juice boxes that don't require refrigeration...I LOVE THOSE for traveling (although the sugar content is a little higher). My daughter never misses a milk serving. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• mix the formula and milk, making the milk alittle stranger ever so often. If that doesn't work talk to your pedi about it...she might need a different kind of milk other then whole or cows milk
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• try different kinds of milk, you dont need to start them off on whole milk, you can give them skim milk, 2%, or even like the other lady suggested put formula in her milk, or hey even water down her milk. its just a thought
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009