Baby shower second time around

Just a question, Do you usually do a baby shower for a second baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm pregnant with my second child and I'm having one. I have a daughter already and I'm pregnant with a boy now so that's why. I think if I were having a girl I wouldn't have one. Plus my first baby shower kinda sucked so I never really got the whole "shower" experience!! But if you want one it's up to you and not what other people think is "right"
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Um, for me, i dont see why not? But, dont expect gifts and put that on the invitation. That way if they bring it, thats up to them.

I think its not the "norm" unless its been years since your last one or if it's a different sex.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think its becoming more acceptable...particularly if your kids are years apart and/or if you're having a baby of the opposite gender. However, you will always have those who judge the second baby shower. If you're concerned about it or don't really need much for the second baby, then you could always do a "Welcome Baby" party instead (after the baby is born) or do a Shower and ask that any gifts be made in the form of a donation to your favorite charity.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You can if you want to. I firmly believe that a baby shower is more of a gathering of friends so I doubt that they will not want to celebrate the life of your child, and of course shower you with gifts. I also believe that if it is a different sex than your previous child that you might need some things. Diapers will always be needed as well as wipes, and a little money can't hurt either.
    BUBBLES1121

Answer by BUBBLES1121 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2009