how can i get my labor started??

ok im 38 weeks preg and i cant take it anymore. Last week i was at the dr. i was 1 cm and 60%. I am single so i have no means to have sex and i dont want to whore myself out. what are somethings that i can do to help me is there exercises that will help! i have also been drinking raspberry zinger tea and it makes my tummy feel weird but idk if its just from the tea or what...can somebody please help me! im willing to do anything as long as it works!!!! please...i have also been walking my tail off...please help me

Mommy2kenzie09

Asked by Mommy2kenzie09 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nipple stimulation

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• These things do not work because your body & baby are saying they aren't ready yet.
    Is this your first baby?
    (That tea isn't the kind that helps your uterus. Red raspberry leaf tea isn't for inducing, though.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• twist your nipples, the stimulation makes you contract, take a lacitive called caster oil, or castrol...I can't remember but the people at the store will know what you're talking about. Down side is that if your not ready, it wll give you the runs. It worked for me with my first...but I had the craps while in the hostpital...luckaly I was done going to the bathroom by the time I had to start pushing. Stuff tastes nasty and you will probably only take it this one time because of that. My friend tryed checking her own servics and brock her water by mistake. But nothing is fullproof. If you do take the laxitive...make sure it's on a day that you can just stay home incase you get the runns
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I agree with doulala.. they aren't working because your body isn't ready to go into labor. You could have up to 4 more weeks to go before considered over due.

It sucks, I had alot of pain with my first, and by almost 43 weeks she still showed no signs of coming naturally.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Honey RELAX!!! Sometimes relaxing is all you need. I know that's hard to but trying to induce yourself is ONLY a good idea when you are at risk for medical induction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i would buy a classical cd, put some headphones on and relax.. relax in bed or even in a warm bath.. walking does help, for some people. i have heard all kinds of stories about enducing labor.. i have heard go swimming, take a hot bath, listen to classical music with headphones while you relax and think about your cervix opening and all that jazz, i heard having sex, nipple stimulation, going on a bumpy car ride, massage, being hypnotized. i had a gf of mine go see her doc and he rubbed her cervix to get it to dialate. not sure if that works but that is what i heard.. some things could work and others couldnt. but i do have to agree with the others that your body and baby just could not be ready yet.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 19, 2009