Baby Registry, HELP! I have no idea where to start?

Can anyone give me suggestions on MUST HAVE THIS/CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT for my registry? I have no idea where to begin. This is our first child as you can probably already tell. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everything
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• you want to start off with bottles and work your way through
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• first off i would start with nipple care, you will want creams to help your chaping and soreness. i would also get lactating pads, i would get a nursing pillow, even if your not nursing, your arms get really tired holding the baby after awhile, a little vibrating bouncing chair for the baby is nice with toys, cause you can just put the baby down and still be able to watch them while your doing whatever you need to do, get a bottle drying rack, a bottle cleaning brush, there is this new thing they have out, its a steamer that you put your dirty bottles in and you put it in the microwave and it steralizes your bottles. i would get burp bibs so you dont get your clothes all dirty while burping, get a grooming kit for the baby, the one with nail clippers, thermomater, medicine dopplers etc. they come in handy. have baby tylenol on hand, teethy tablets, baby gas relief, etc. i would also have mittens available so baby dont scratch.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• a few other things that are nice, is baby wash cloths and baby towels with the hoods. and the baby carriers that you wrap around your shoulders so your hands are free to do whatever you need to.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• http://www.modernmom.com/site/docs/RegistryChecklist.pdf hope this helps. I am a first time mom too... and the checklist they give you have helped me. I also really do the ones we will need most. They say dont register for clothes bc you will get alot.... and we have so far. good luck and congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you will be registering at Babies-R-Us they will give you a checklist, and a booklet with most popular items. The way I stared was by category feeding, sleeping, bath time, play time, big items, and so forth. Decide what feeding method you will use breast feeding or bottle feeding. If you bottle feed then you will probably want a dozen bottles, and a bottle brush. For bath time register for a tub, bath products...I prefer Johnson and Johnsons head to toe and the purple bottle a pack of washcloths and a couple packs of towels. I think you get the idea...just take it one section at a time. Remember there are things you have to have like a car seat!!! Good luck and you can always go back and add to your registry!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• first time mom here too. I am adding things to my registry all the time. boouncy chair, swing, crib bedding, blankets...go through every category. make sure you have the essentials covered (clothing, feeding, sleeping, bathing, and transportation)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thank you ALL for the wonderful answers! They are really helpful. I am now getting a better idea of what I will need. Thanks again :)
    babyphillips210

Answer by babyphillips210 at 6:31 PM on Aug. 19, 2009