Nesting Instinct???

How many of you experienced this prior to labor? How far away was labor after you experienced it? I am close to 36 weeks and started cleaning like crazy this morning. I am dilated 1 1/2 cm and 50% effaced at the last check.

ttcgirl110

Asked by ttcgirl110 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a really huge spurt of nesting around 23 weeks
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:41 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i think it was in my 2nd trimester that i had the nesting instinct (I was in labor 1 day away from 41 weeks). I baked brownies and cookies every week. I think thats where my 60 lbs weight gain came from lmao. I also cleaned a lot, folded all his clothes neatly in the dresser, and hung his clothes in the closet by color and age!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm almost 36 weeks also and I started 'nesting' this morning. I'm getting everything organized and getting my hospital bag around. I just have this feeling the baby might come soon and I want to have everything I need. I have a question for you.....have you been getting sharp pains/cramping down there??
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 1:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• well i am 31 weeks, and i have spurs of nesting and they dont last long they just come and go. like when we were moving i was nesting big time, i packed a whole house on my own with a toddler running around, loaded a truck on my own and unloaded it on my own as well. i also cleaned up my old apt, unpacked everything in my new place and cleaned the new house all in one day.i also get cleaning sprees, like for 2 whole weeks i couldnt go to sleep at night without my house being spotless and vaccuumed. like the other lady, i also had baking sprees, but i hardly ever ate what i baked, i was more interested in the cake batter. lol, here lately i have been going laundry crazy, i took out all the clothes i bought for my daughter that is due in october, and i washed them all, folded them and put them back in a box cause i do not have a dresser yet.. but i know when i get the dresser i will do laundry again just cause they sate in a box
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm 38 weeks tomorrow. I've been cleaning non stop for weeks now....

it doesnt mean anything.
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 2:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009