Cradle Cap!!!!!!!!!!!

My son has gotten cradle cap. And his dr.appt isn't for a while. Is there anyway i can get rid of it before his dr.appt comes up or should i just wait to ask his dr? home remedies or stuff you can buy: I DON"T CARE! i just want something so i can help my poor baby boy!

ilovemycupcake

Asked by ilovemycupcake at 1:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter got cradle cap, I used Bag Balm and it cleared up within two days. You can buy it at any drug store; it's a salve that is similar to Vaseline. I just rubbed a little bit into her scalp, then combed it through.
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 1:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've been told the baby oil works..but I don't know for sure, but it's worth a shot.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my son had it really bad! it took many tries but it finally went away (mostly on its own). before bathtime, i rubbed petrolium jelly on the cradle cap, shampooed like normal, rinsed really well and used a baby comb. sometimes chunks of the stuff came off!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My dr told me to wash my babies hair with Nizoral shampoo, it used to be prescription but is now over the counter. Also, softening the scalp with any type of oil, massaging it in, and then combing it out.

Answer by missanc at 1:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• baby oil or olive oil let it sit a minute then gently rub off with a damp wash cloth, works wonders
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 1:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i worked in the infant room in a daycare and a lot of moms used baby oil.. hope everything works out for ya.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I used vaseline. Rub it in his hair and gently comb it out - then wash his hair. It will take a couple washings to get the vaseline all out - but I only had to do it the one time.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My daughter had it too. We used vegetable oil and it worked really well. We were told by the hospital where i had my daughter not to use baby oil b/c it has chemicals in it. They said to use vegetable or olive oil instead b/c it is all natural.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• use bbay oil my daughter had it bad. put it on rub it in with a baby brush in little circles put him to bed and wash it out in the morning it will go away after a few times.
    mayleemama

Answer by mayleemama at 2:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Use a baby brush to rub shampoo in when you bath him. This seems to loosen up the flakes pretty well. I've heard baby oil works too but it didn't seem to do anything for DS.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009