Freezing peaches

I don't like the taste of canned peaches as much as i do fresh peaches so i was looking and found a website that gave directions on how you can freeze peaches but i was wondering how they turn out when you thaw them. I know when you thaw strawberries they are real mushy and aren't at all like how you bought them and froze them. Does anyone know if peaches are the same way or if they stay firm?

mandarose

Asked by mandarose at 1:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The cellular makeup of peaches is different than that of strawberries. So, they don't break down to mush like strawberries do. All I do is use fruit that is ripe enough to pull the skin of without blanching. Then I slice them and place in freezer bags. I put them in my freezer and turn them every half hour or so, so the pieces will separate better while freezing. That way you can take out just what you want from the bag. I learned to do it this way from my Rodale Press Stocking Up preservation book. Been doing it for 30 years with great success. Good luck & enjoy!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 4:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• thats what i do too only i dont turn them every half hour, i just drop them on the floor from about head high to seperate them when i want some lol, (still in the bagiie of course roflmao)
    STRAWBERRYRAIN

Answer by STRAWBERRYRAIN at 9:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I freeze my peaches differently. I peel them, slice them up and put them in a bowl. Then I pour a little lemon juice on them(keeps them from turning) and a good bit of sugar. I stir all of that real good and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Once there is juice in the bowl then I will place them with some of the peach juice into ziploc bags and freeze. They are great to use for anything, but especially with fresh milk just poured on top.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 6:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2009