16 year old pregnant by 15 year old

my 16 year old daughter is pregnant by her 15 year old boyfriend. He is nowhere close to being a good asset in this baby's life, he won't go to school, he cusses, drinks, has piercings, anger issues, one minute my daughter is chewing him out for not being the prince charming she wants and the next minute she is apologizing and telling him she loves him, I don't want him nowhere around her or the baby, what can I do?

michelle72974

Asked by michelle72974 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Nothing really! What's done is done sucks but it's the truth. The best thing you can do is be there for your daughter and make sure she does what she has to do for herself and her child.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• nothing. He has more rights to that baby than you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think to be honest you need to talk to your daughter about this. Just be honest with her about HER baby's welfare! When I was pregnant at 15 (my daughter's now 14) her father was to be honest the biggest ass in the world! He sounds exactly like the father of your daughter's baby. And one day my mother sat me down and told me that I had to think about my baby and I realised it was true, he could have seriously hurt my baby and so I told him to clean up his act or he wasn't going to see her. In the end he did but I'm glad my mom had that talk with me.
    mommatomanyy

Answer by mommatomanyy at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• they are basically on their own now, well i mean you are always going to be there for your daughter but when it has to do with their relationship, their baby, their family.. it is up to them it has nothing to do with you anymore.. even though she's still you 16 yr old daughter.. it's her life now..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• stay out of it. It's not your baby. sometimes the fathers can change when they have a kid. And if they don't, the mothers get sick of having to kids and will leave him in the long run. If she is grown enough to have a baby and keep it, then let her make this life change as well. Grown men are just like him and are around thier kids. I know that you only want the best for your girl...but you will only put bad blood between ya'll if you try to but in to her life. She needs to learn on her own.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You really can't do much. My fiance's mom got a lawyer to try to get scheduled visitation w/ our baby and the lawyer told her it was going to be a waste of time and money to take it to court because grand parents really don't have any say in what goes on w/ the baby and she would lose. I was 16 when I got pregnant, my stepmom tried to get between me and my BF. Guess what I did.... I left
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it. The relationship isn't going to work out. Just be there for your daughter and grandbaby. Once your daughter becomes a mother she will be looking out of a new pair of lenses. She'll realize that the boyfriend isn't good for her child.
    Just make sure that YOU don't say or do anything that she can use to blame you for her mistakes. Don't say anything against the boy, just be ready to help your daughter pick up the pieces when it all falls apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Have you talked to his parents? As young as he is, its still something he needs to take responsibility for in anyway he can. And if he cant or wont then his parents need to step up & help out too until he is capable, willing or at least old enough to hold a job so he can pay child support!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I would sit down and talk to her about your concerns, but do it the best you can to make it seem like they are just concerns not bashing or anything like that. Maybe start by telling her you would like to talk about a subject that you know will be very touchy with her, but you don't want it to come off in a bad way. Then sit down and tell her your concerns. Talk to her like you would a friend or like you would want to be talked to if it were you having to hear this. It may not do any good, but at least its out there. Also, remind her that no matter what you are there for her and for her baby, and you always want the best for the two of them. Be a friend now not just a mom she's going to need it. Let her know that anytime she needs to talk you will be there to listen. Good-luck!!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009