Who Feels Me?

This is about the woman whose husband wants a divorce but she doesnt. If your husband says he wants a divorce why not just give him one? He didnt say he wanted to work on things or get counseling. He said he was ready to move on. If a man is not loving you let him go. It takes two people to keep a marriage working. I know you love him and cant imagine life without him but you and your kids will survive without him. (and probably be happier too)

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 1:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• easier said than done
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Totally agree!

If he's done, he's done, and no matter how much she wants him to stay, it's not gonna work. He will be missarable which would make everybody else missarable too.

Sad but true.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 2:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• how so? I went through a divorce right after I had my first dd. I had been with him for 7 years. I was not a strong person never thought I would make it. You just have to get your head out of the mud. I had no job and was on maternity leave. Negative money in my bank account. (From him spending money we didnt have) You may have to ask for help. SO WHAT! That is why it is supposed to be there for people who NEED it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• he loved her at one point or he would not have married her in most cases, so if they would let God in their lives and help them through this.. the love is still there somewhere it just needs to be opened up again.. only God can help in these situations
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• easier to say get rid of him when it is not your relationship
    do i think she should let him go and be better off=yes
    but it is hard to decide to do
    deciding to do it is harder than doing it
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If he serves her with papers she needs a lawyer asap. And you are right anon only God can help but both parties have to want and be receptive of that help.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If things are over and both know it's over then yes but if there are things in their life that are causing them to just want out to remove some stress then find out they made a mistake, that's too hard on the kids and everyone. I think if there is hope to fix things then take time away from one another and see if that helps. It's one of the reasons behind Legal Separations and waiting periods before a divorce is finalized.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Marriage isn't easy, and there are times in a marriage when either party may think "I can't take this, I want out", very often this passes and you can work things out in your marriage with a little time. It's worth trying, maybe counseling before just agreeing to a divorce. However, if the other party wants it, you really can't stop them, and there may come a point where this woman does have to just let go. When there are kids involved, I always think try everything to repair it and find the love that brought the two people together before you walk away.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009