Do you think women who become pregnant and turn to welfare should be forced to get an IUD?

I do, simply because ther is a ton of women in my area who keep having babies after babies relying on the system, wouldnt even consider walking outside and looking for a job. Do you onestly think its okay for these women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• ""You may not like it, but it's her body and her choice and nobody should force her to do something like that if she doesn't want to.""

That being said: It's *my* money. So why can't I choose not to let her have it? We are providing a service to these people. We should be allowed to put any restrictions on it necessary to prevent abuse of the system. If you cannot afford to have a baby, do what you can to prevent it. If you don't want to prevent pregnancy, then don't expect to get aid. We wouldn't be forcing them to get the IUD.

Also, God isn't going to stop you from getting pregnant. Why allow us free will if we can't choose to protect ourselves before having sex. So that's not a valid argument.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No, I don't think anyone has the right to tell you what you can or can't do with your own body!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• NO

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• deidra, if you NEED the benefits wouldnt you do it? Or the could simply deny you
    Anonymous

• Yes, they should be on some kind of birth control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I think it should be offered freely to them, but it thier bodies and some people (like me) think that you will have a baby when God wants you to. But others just can't afford it. offer but don't make. what is the point of having rights if you force someone to do something
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• bad

NO!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• LMFAO I will assume those who are saying no are mothers who sit on welfare for years at a time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Excuse you anon :17 but I am not on welfare or wic or anything else. So get your facts straight please!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• "LMFAO I will assume those who are saying no are mothers who sit on welfare for years at a time"

As a matter of fact, I'm not, but I AM pro-choice and that includes a woman having the right to decide for herself if she uses any sort of birth control. You may not like it, but it's her body and her choice and nobody should force her to do something like that if she doesn't want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009