if the dr says you are due dec 25th but the ultrasound says dec14 what would be more accurate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would go by ur missed period
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• the ultrasound is more accurate because your doctor is probably going by your missed period so if you ovulate earlier or later than normal, when you missed your period really doesnt matter. also your "period" could have been some other kind of bleeding. my doctor gave me a due date but changed it cause the ultrasound showed something different
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• just say anywhere between and 2wks after the 25th
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• yea i would go by your ultrasound usually if your ultrasound says different they might change the due date because the doctors could be off when i had my ultrasound the baby was growing according to my original due date so i never had it changed but i would go by the ultrasound..
    Kri5taa

Answer by Kri5taa at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you know the first day of your last period (which I am sure you do and thats where your OB got the 25th from) My doctors dont change the due date off of the u/s unless it measures more than 2 weeks in either direction
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My doctors usually change my due date based on the ultrasound. If you are going natural though the baby get here when their ready.
    MommyKat

Answer by MommyKat at 3:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009