what type of solid foods can 8month babies eat?

luvmibb20

Asked by luvmibb20 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anything smooshed up enough for them not to choke on it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• scrabled eggs mashed alittle, steamed veggies mashed...anything you can chew up or put Iin a prosesser for them. I always chewed food and gave it to my kids, it's easy to do when eating out and is the old fashioned way of doing things
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• if you can mush it between your fingers, they can gum it. Careful though cause not all 8 month olds are ready for table food.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My son ate pretty much whatever we ate, just cut up small. But some quick ideas - avocado, mashed sweet potatoes (i microwave them), steamed carrots (which i then mashed using the fork), applesauce, bananas, etc

Answer by missanc at 2:35 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solidfood8to10montholdbaby.htm

Go there, scroll down. They have a GREAT list to go off of. I don't follow it word for word, but I love having a general guide line for things to introduce. Some of the stuff I wouldn't even have though of so its nice to have :)
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 2:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Ours ate just about everything we did at that age. They finished up what baby food I had left, and that was it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009