Great gift ideas for a thirteen year old girl

Give me ideas for a great gift for a thirteen year old girl please- she loves books,has an ipod, is very into science and is very big into being on the phone. She is also the nerd/goth type teen. If any of this helps.

Asked by psurmont at 2:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• microscope?

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I tunes card... for a 13 yr old a gift card is your best bet, that way you know she is getting something she wants. Gift card for a book store, Hot Topic, maybe a pre-paid VISA from walmart.
    I think Hot Topic would be a good idea, even if you don't want to do a gift card, that's the first thing I think of when I think nerd/goth.

Answer by OwensMama824 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• get her a kindle.. it's an electronic book thing.. you can download any book you want.. you don't have to keep buying books... well there's more to it than that, i honestly don't know much about it, but you can google it.. a friend of mine has one and it just seemed really neat.. your daughter seems like the type of person that would love it..

Answer by RykersMom07 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• At that age, they really love giftcards. Borders, Loehmanns, Target, Filene's Basement, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I second the iTunes card idea.

Also, my son receives a hardback book for almost every gift giving occasion.  I always write on the inside front cover.....Happy XXth Birthday or Merry Christmas....Love, Mom

What about movie tickets for her and a few friends?

Answer by Dyndudes at 3:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I love the idea of movie tickets, Great Idea!
    Gift card are really good, because at that age, they have changing tastes, so you can take the guess work out of it. Some good stores are:
    Hot Topic
    Wet Seal
    American Eagle
    Forever 21
    Urban Outfitters

Those are my daughters favorite stores and it seems like a lot of her friends like them too.

Answer by LeviM at 10:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• She loves books? I recommend Wings by Aprilynne Pyke...if she doesn't already have the Twilight series. :-)

Answer by MinstrelMommy at 12:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Gift cards to a bookstore or science store. A trip to a science museum.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My nieces all love the store Aeropostale. I would get either a gift card or a few shirts from there.

Answer by mompam at 2:27 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Buying them a music CD of their favorite artist or a microphone system may be a good idea. Some girls are fond of wallets and pocketbooks. They like the latest styles and you can find them at reasonable prices, if you shop at places like Wal-Mart or Target. If the tween you are buying for already has an Ipod then you can send an Itune gift card or cute iPod cases they will really appreacite.

Answer by Glorence at 12:10 PM on Nov. 3, 2009