Prayer Request

I'm posting this anon because I have family members on here and I don't want them to know what's going on right now. It's been one of those months where surprise expenses just keep piling up and so far we've been able to take care of everything. I just learned that we have to pay a medical bill for my dd out of pocket because she had an ER visit during the time that she was being switched from one insurance to another which took longer than it should have because they lost her paperwork. So since they "didn't get" everything when they "should have" it's falling back on us. We don't have the extra cash right now, somebody owes us money and if he paid us it would cover it. Whether it comes from there or whatever, I could just use some extra prayers that we figure this all out and come out the other end alright. Could you say a prayer for our family please? Thanks ladies ~T

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would be happy to pray for you. Remember medical bills can always be paid out over time. They cannot report it on your credit as long as you pay $10 per month. Don't stress too much ;)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I said a prayer for your family
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Thank you both. And lowencope, I didn't know that. That does make me feel a little better, thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Your family has my prayers.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Pray for universal healthy care so families no longer have to go through this.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• "Pray for universal healthy care so families no longer have to go through this."

I don't really know enough about UHC to say whether I am for it or not, but I absolutely believe that ALL children should be covered completely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• PRAYERS YOUR WAY, THINGS WILL SOLVE THEMSELVES OUT YOU WIL SEE, GOD SOMETIMES PUTS THAT NOOZE AROUND YOUR NECK BUT HE SELDOM TIGHTES IT.

Answer by older at 4:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Praying.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:57 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• -Have you tried calling your insurance company and asking them to make the insurance coverage retroactive? It isn't your fault they screwed up with the paperwork. Try being firmer. Call them and speak to them with the polite but respectful expectation that they ought to contribute something to the bill.

-Call the hospital's billing company. Remind them that you are an individual, not an insurance company and that you are aware of the agreed insurance pricing that insurance companies are billed. Tell them you will pay promptly if you can have a prompt payment discount. Some hospitals will take 50% off of your bill or more if you agree to pay the bill in a set amount of time. So many people skip out on their bills that hospitals are truly appreciative of those who do actually pay.

-Call the hospital's Patient Access office and ask for financial counseling. Man hospitals have charity programs that you can apply for.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'll say a prayer for you. Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009