anyone...?

i had one with my dd, no problems at all but this time (just had a baby last week) i'm in alot of pain...it's kinda swollen on one side & it feels like i'm being constantly poked with a needle... anyone else have this kind of problem? i don't want to worry my doctor with this if it's not that big a deal

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• yeah, I remember feeling like a needle were poking me at times.... sometimes it almost took my breath. If it doesn't heal up and stop by the time the doc says you should be healed or if it continues to be horribly bad - I would certainly consult with your doc about it. And it wouldn't even hurt to go ahead and call the office to let them know that your comfort/pain level is not good.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• You had one what with you DD?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Sorry hun, but you had what with your DD, I dont know what your talking about to answer any of your questions.....
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my bad.. an episiotomy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• That helps! lol, I actually had two when I gave birth to my DD, I had a feeling a little like that and it was just one of my sitches poking me. a soak in a hot tub helped me until the sitches dissolved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• thanks!! now i don't feel so alone LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The stitches were the worst part, I kept using the pads and cream, and the water bottle for a long time it did help, also I would sit on which ever side or way that was putting less pressure on that side that bothered me the most, warm baths are good, ask your Dr about epsin salts too.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My episiotomy hurt so much worse after my 2nd than it did after my first. A warm bath helped more than anything - I hope it goes away soon for you!

Answer by missanc at 3:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i would just call the doctor anyway becouse it does not sound very good
    sandy261

Answer by sandy261 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009