internal hemorrhoids?

Sorry in advance if this is graphic and icky. But, hey, you read the title and clicked on it anyway, so tough beans. :-)

I had my son 2+ years ago and had a VERY strenuous labor and delivery. Ever since, I have been dealing with what I think is a 2nd degree internal hemorrhoid. I don't have bleeding and never have. But I know it's there because it sometimes protrudes slightly, and because it leaves tracks in my poop. It also causes me to constantly feel like I have to poop, even when I don't. And when I actually DOI have to poop, there is no holding back. I need a toilet pronto and cannot wait.

I am really afraid to get pregnant again because of this. Nothing I do seems to help, and I'm pretty sure I've tried it all. It only seems to be getting worse. I have an appt with my doctor coming up. Should I press to have this taken care of via rubber band ligation? And just how much does that suck?

anusaramama

Asked by anusaramama at 3:00 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• Hmmm, I never had the rubber band ligation, so I can't help you out there. I got hemorrhoids with my first son, but they didn't get any worse with my 2nd or 3rd.

Answer by missanc at 3:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009