Is there anything you have does as a parent that you just feel horrible about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, when I had my abortion. :( I already have 2 children and I becameprego again in March but I decided to have a abortion and I feel awful about robbing my kids of their sibling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My daughter was seven months old, and I forgot to turn the monitor on. She still was waking at night, and needing to nurse. I woke up around 4, and she has missed 2 normal feeding times (we go to bed REALLY early here). I went in there, and there were wet, snotty spots on the mattress, where she had clearly cried herself to sleep. I felt terrible. I woke her to feed her, and she was starving. She nursed for about an hour. She was so pitiful the next day, too. It took us about 3 nights before she was willing to go back in the crib.

For the record, she didn't magically sleep through the night after cio that night. But I never forgot to turn the monitor on again!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Every time Emi wakes up alone and cries I feel bad.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:15 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well, it's not something that I DID, but something that happened. I lost my breastmilk when my daughter was three months old. For the whole story, check out these two journals. Journal 1 Journal 2 .

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I didn't breastfeed. My son never latched on despite many visits with the lactation consultant. I wasn't even able to pump any milk out, the most I ever could make was 1 ounce. I never experienced engorgement (which may be a good thing).
    caroline123

Answer by caroline123 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I ll have to agree with MrsBat....That happened to me when my second child was 4 mos old. I cried and cried but it wouldnt come back.

So many things have happened to me since Ive become a parent, I just cant even remember them all. I do recall one time my son being down stairs in the playroom and I heard him calling me. it wasnt a distressed cry but one that I didnt go to immediately. I was on my way but I stopped to do something. Then when I got down there, he was crying. The tv had fallen on him and he was holding on trying to keep it off his stomach. It had scratched up his shoulder and I ran to him and pulled the tv off him. I asked him why he didnt yell for me and he said he didnt know. I cried thinking about him holding that television. He apparently was trying to reach something behind it. Good thing it wasnt too far off the ground. I felt terrible!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

Thats awfull I fell so bad! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I feel bad on a daily basis with my son - he isn't and hasn't been the easiest child to say it lightly. I lose my patience and yell more than I ever thought I would as a mommy.... also, I feel bad its not as enjoyable to be as it is for apparently 99% of other mom's out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I've taken my anger out on my kids several times and I regret it. It could be by yelling or spanking them too hard and i wish I could control my anger better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• when i was cut off in traffic and said the mother of all swear words....
    we pulled into the parking lot and of course the person who cut me off pulled in the next space. My DD (who was 3 at the time) said LOUDLY, mommy is that the lady you called a @#$%#?
    Im not one who uses foul language usually, and even though I laughed about it later, i will say i felt horrible when i heard my little princess repeating it, EXACTLY how i said it LOL.
    seriously, i make a lot of mommy mistakes i just hope love does conquer all.
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 10:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009