Does PA cover for school supplies and/or clothes for the children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes you can use TANF or cash assistance for anything (GASP even alcohol!) it's just like cash.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Not as far as I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• No. In most schools I know of you get a list of the supplies they will need. Clothing....what do you mean? For private schools? No, you also must buy that. All they give for private schools is funding for tuition.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you get food stamps, med, or cash assistance through pa than that is what you get you can buy school supplies with your cash assistance.

Or there ar local non-profit organizations in your area that also help with school supplies. Try to google that subject in your area and see what comes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• In NYS those who receive FS will get 200 per child for school supplies and clothing. It was NOT tax money it was a donation. Yes there are those who do not deserve it however there are MANY who do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• If you get cash assistance, I dont see why you couldnt. I didnt think they monitored what you spend your welfare money one. I m not sure. I have no experience with that.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My boys was in a p.a school and i had nothing as far as food stamps or cash and they got all their school stuff now this is york co. so idk about else were
    smilez03

Answer by smilez03 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Only if you get cash assistance, then you can buy the stuff with that. If you only get food stamps, then no, it won't pay for the supplies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009