How can I keep my son still for more than 5 mintues?

Ok so my 9 mo is VERY active. He always wants to be doing something, now that hes crawling I cant get him to sit still, and hates being contained in one place. I cant always have him crawling around. I need to be able to make dinner or do my coursework once school starts up. If I keep him in his high chair, jumper, swing etc I give him toys and put a video on for him but he just CRYS and CRYS and CRYS for no reason except to get out. I dont know what I should do. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How about a play pen? That way he can still roam in it but be safe. Or gate him in a room that has been baby proofed.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Well while you are cooking, rearrange the bottom cupboards with things he can get into. And give him some pots and pans to play with with spatulas and things. Large bowls....get the idea? Try using the playpen too for bits of time.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• or, they sell those large platic pen things. my one friend has one in her home. it keeps the dogs away from the baby, but also works to keep them contained to a small area.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't know if he's old enough yet but have you tried giving him empty boxes? You know at Christmas how little ones are more interested in the boxes than the toys have the time? Boxes were always a trick my friend used for her little one. Kept her son busy for a while!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2009